Welcome to the Resource Library for Lyric Writing!
We’ve collated here some of our best content and resources to help you get started, get going, and get great.
These 5 exercises have changed my life. They took me from a beginner to a professional songwriter. Knowing how to write great lyrics on any day, regardless of how inspired I am feeling, has been the difference between writing songs only for my pleasure, and writing songs for the pleasure of millions of people around the world.
These exercises don’t require inspiration. They require 10-minutes, a pen, and the desire to write better lyrics.
Just like anything in life, you can get better at writing great lyrics with practice. I hope these exercises give you something to practice with.
4 WAYS TO START A SONG
Never stare at a blank page again! In this video, we go through 4 of our favourite ‘go to’ methods for starting a song, on any day, regardless of how inspired we are feeling.
THIS ONE LYRICS EXERCISE WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING
If you want to write inspiring lyrics and become a better songwriter, this exercise is guaranteed to help.
SECRETS TO GREAT LYRIC WRITING: THE FIRST LINE
Want to grab your listener by the ear? This video explains 3 strategies for making your first line of lyric irresistible.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR LYRICS IRRESISTIBLE
Lyrics that catch fire and communicate to millions of people share common features. Here, I show you 3 things you can do to make your lyrics draw listeners in immediately, and keep them.
The Songwriting Process Start to Finish
In this course, we cover:
- Two completely different methods for writing songs: starting from lyrics, and starting from melody.
- Professional tools and practical exercises for developing and finishing your songs, every time.
- How to make great chord choices, create magical melodies and write memorable lyrics.
- How to create compelling narratives that tell your story and captivate your listeners.
- How to create a meaningful relationship between your lyrics and music.
- Detailed breakdown of the two most common song forms.
The 5 Most Powerful Songwriting Exercises…Revealed!
In this course, we deep dive into:
- Five practical exercises that will absolutely make you a better songwriter
- How to create bangin’ Choruses with simple chord combinations
- How to draw people in with powerful and inspiring lyrics
- How to write memorable melodies
- How to avoid lyric writing cliches
- Ways to develop strong songwriting habits that will drastically improve your creative flow and output
- Live demonstrations and detailed breakdowns of professional songwriting techniques
- Practical applications and examples of each method