The songwriting group isn’t a class. No one is the teacher. It’s a community space to give you the structure and accountability to write regularly, and receive some feedback from your peers.
The group will run for 8 weeks, and is fully online (by email).
Next Songwriting Group in 2023:
OCT 16-DEC 10
Here’s how it works:
- I will send the group a songwriting prompt and a due date (due SUNDAY night every two weeks).
- You write a song, with or without the prompt by the due date.
- You send a recording and lyrics of the song (worktape or production) as a reply-all to the prompt email.
- You all listen to each other’s songs, and can send feedback and compliments (or not!).
- The group does not meet live – it all happens online.
The “rules” of the group are:
- Submit by the due date!
- Makes sure to read through the Community Guidelines and Policy.
The aim is to write something every two weeks. Sometimes it will be something you love. Sometimes it won’t. Both are excellent. The goal is regular songwriting, in a community, and all that comes with it.
Please note that by registering, you are confirming that you have read and agree to the participation policy (which has to do with guidelines on giving feedback, and comments that breach our basic policy of respect and inclusivity).
Please feel free to email me if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
One final note on my role: my role is to host the group, to facilitate and coordinate. I won’t be participating or providing feedback. The function of this community is to produce work, and learn from your own work, listening to others, providing your own feedback, and asking questions of others. I felt it important to be clear about my role to avoid any confusion 🙂